Thursday, July 3, 2008

Unpatriotic

General Wesley I'm-tone-deaf Clark says truthfully enuf that McCain was a pilot, and never commanded groups of men in battle nor strategized in wartime, but was shot down and imprisoned . . . This is true, no doubt, but having been softened up by the arseholic Swift Boat ads, we are all so confused . . . The Right in lockstep portrays the episode as one in which McCain's patriotism was questioned, implicitly supported by Obama, and even more, that Gen. Clark was making an "unpatriotic" remark about McCain! . . . What does that mean?

Like saying, So and So said "F*** you" to So and So.

As Daniel Schorr showed on NPR, McCain said, "I have served my country," as if he had been told he had not, but was vaguely unsettled. McCain talks in that "I'm an old guy and I've learned to say this" way. I'm going to end up feeling for him.

Obama has to be careful here.

No comments: